My husband and I recently visited Sandals Barbados Resort Village & Spa with the Association of Bridal Consultants and all we could kept saying was WOW!!! Here is a detailed review…enjoy!
TRANSPORTATION – we were only at the Sandals lounge for a few minutes then our transfer got there. They take you from the airport right to the front door…awesome! The trip took a total of 20 minutes and the scenery was beautiful on the way.
ACCOMMODATIONS – We were on the 1st floor of the Crystal Lagoon win up suite. It was large, spacious and simply delightful, updated and modern. The bed was so comfy, the robes were lush and the tub is big enough for 2. The best part was being able to have access to the private pool right off of the room, we just swam out at our leisure…it was true decadence.
FOOD & DRINK – we are foodies..and we made sure we ate everywhere to make sure we got the most of our trip…plus you can eat all you would like…how great is that?!?!?
- Bayside’s breakfast buffet – everything you could want and more.
- Neptunes for lunch was perfect as we like to eat outside by the water whenever possible.
- The jerk pitt on the beach was beyond heaven with that cocoa bread.
- Merry Monkey pub could not be beat.
- Portofino’s was great…to have good Italian food at a resort is a shocker!
- Cafe de Paris….on a daily basis! The bake shop is to die for and they made me coffee with Baileys.
- Bluefields was the best Jamaican food we have ever eaten.
- Kimonos delish Asian fusion was yummy…we tried lots of different dishes and they all rocked
**Each restaurant has a signature cocktail plus lots of local rum which we tried. The swim up pool bars were super fun too.
GROUNDS – the grounds are immaculate the beach was soooo pretty. Cabanas are available to reserve as well as plenty of beach chairs, towels and hammocks. Tons of photo ops everywhere. The pools were very well maintained and there were 3 to choose from and 2 whirlpools. Plus jet skis, padel boarding, snookering and scuba diving…boredom doesn’t live here!
This was hands down one of the best trips I have ever taken, and I have traveled the world. The staff really go above and beyond to ensure your stay and experience is top notch, which it was. For a anniversary trip, destination wedding or your honeymoon…its definitely made for lovers!
Best wishes & happy planning ~
Events by Missy & Company