Some brides and grooms would like to plan their own weddings and skip using a professional, but that’s not just smart sometimes. If you have to think twice to any of the questions below, you should start interviewing planners ASAP before you go full force planning on your wedding!
- Can you take calls during the day at work, meet with vendors, and discuss wedding details?
Wedding professionals have regular 9am-5pm business hours, will you have during the day or can you take days off from work to get all your planning done.
- Do you know where you are getting married?
In your hometown at a familiar place, it’s a very different than getting married someplace new to you.
- Have your friends and family volunteered to help…Do you have 1 friend that can take over on your wedding day to ensure all goes as planned?
If they’re more likely to beg off when push comes to shove and you need their help, don’t count on them! Its a big responsibility and your friends & family will want to enjoy the day just kike you will want to.
- Are you a very detailed orientated individual person who follows schedules well and is well organized?
If not, a planner can keep you focused and on task during the planning and on the big day.
- Do you enjoy party planning?
If you dread entertaining, step away from planning the best party of your lifetime!
- Will your fiancé be helping with the wedding planning?
Going it alone can be difficult, your partner will need to pitch in with ideas…if that is not for then, it shouldn’t be a part of the decision process.
- Can you afford a wedding planner?
YES!!! It’s an investment in sanity, we are professionals who have planned time and time again with experience in the field, someone who can offer etiquette advise, and can advise you from sidestepping and spending money unnecessarily.
Planning your wedding will be stressful, time consuming, financially straining…if this isn’t what you and your fiance want to deal with leading up to your big day…call Events by Missy & Company today so we can help you!
Best wishes & happy planning ~