I recently attend a seminar where Phil Cantor was a speaker and gave some great tips for taking amazing shots with an ordinary camera.
I know as an event planner, I like to post some “unofficial” shots faster that the average photog’s 6 week turnaround time. So here are a few great tips from Phil for flawless photos:
- Make sure the flash is OFF, natural lighting is best for pictures
- Always take 2 shots of the same image or person, just in case 1 doesn’t come out great
- Step off to the side when shooting in front of glass or mirrors to reduce glare
- Do not use the zoom feature, step closer if you want a tighter shot
- Do not leave lots of head-room, center the objects in the photo