We get asked all the time sooooo many questions about wedding planning, so I thought I would put together a list of the top 8 questions we get asked.
– How much does a wedding cost? Every wedding is different! We advise clients to come up with an amount they feel is sensible to spend on big day. We work on with that amount in mind to curate a wedding that is ideal for them and their budget.
– Should we have a “first look”? That’s totally your call. About half of our clients do a first look or big reveal before the festivities begin. Some say to ease their nerves, some want to take some special photos beforehand. Others are very adamant on not seeing each other before walking down the aisle.
– Do we need to invite plus ones? NO! My rule of thumb is if they have a ring they are invited (meaning engaged or serious couples) Cousin Jeff isn’t going to invite some girl he just met last weekend to your wedding…this isn’t not the time or place to meet anyone.
– Should I list a dress code on the invitation? It helpful for guests to have an idea of the attire it it’s an ultra-formal or super casual wedding. You wouldn’t wants to show up and be uncomfortable because they didn’t get the heads up. Otherwise its ok not to suggest what guests to wear. Sometimes we have couples requested that guests only wear white so then we incorporate that into the invitation as well.
– Should we have a cash bar? UUUGGGHHHHHH. This questions comes up way too often. I think cash bars are a big no-no. If it’s a budgetary issue consider having only beer & wine or only a signature cocktail. An absolutely “dry” wedding is a huge problem for your guests, especially if they have traveled to join you on your big day…offer them something!
– When should I send out my invitations? About 8 weeks before your head count is due to the venue, so approx. 2 weeks prior to the wedding date. So almost 3 months before. If you are having a destination wedding then mail a save the date and invitations 6 months prior so guests can save and book travel & accommodations.
-Do we have to do favors? Absolutely not. But if you decide on doing them, have an edible treat, guests love em!
– Where should you put your engagement ring during the ceremony? Wear your E-ring on your right hand or have your MOH hold it for you.
Have any other pressing questions…shoot us an email or hit us up on social media…I would love to help!
Best wishes & happy planning-
Melissa @ Events by Missy & Company