Hi…I’m Melissa and Events by Missy & Company if my baby! After 10 years cultivating a business I love, I’m taking this baby to the next level with online courses and branching out into social events so stay tuned!
But here’s a few things about me 🙂
- My family is everything! A husband, 5 kiddos, 1 grand-baby & 2 cats…my family is THE most important thing to me. Family dinners, holidays, weekends hang outs, those are the things I live for. Mama bear is the best way I have been described and I will take it! And they are one of the reasons I started my businesses; I’m hoping to leave a legacy behind for my kids to take over. And they have all been instrumental in the growth over the years. My daughters & hubby have assisted on weddings days with everything from moving huge floral arrangements to being my assistants…this is totally a family affair!
- I’m a serious foodie. Food is not only fuel for me, its legit everything! At least once a week I love going out and trying new things; my favorite meal is steak & potatoes but I have tried so many different ethnic foods, I cannot get enough of different flavor notes and pallets. “Life’s too short, eat the cannoli” is my mantra!
- I’m a world traveler. With continents, countries and counties under my belt, there are still so many places that are on my bucket list & Greece is next! And I NEVER go back to the same place twice, even if I love it. “The world is yours” as Tony Montana says…and I plan on seeing all of it!
- Accounting & Project Managers is where it started. My professional life lived in construction for many years, most likely where I get my rough-around-the-edge persona LOL. Being able to balance budgets and run the logistics of projects make wedding planning sooooo easy for me. The back end stuff makes the event perfect and that’s where I excel.
- I’m the NY state manager for the ABC. In 2019 I took on this amazing role for the Association of Bridal Consultants and it’s been a roller coaster ride since January. I was very honored & humbled to take on this position and I know my 10 years of experience will definitely help me excel!
Thanks so much for taking a minute to read about me…Events by Missy is my baby and I work everyday to make it better for not just myself but for my clients.
Best wishes & happy planning!
Events by Missy & Company
Some Other Posts
We get asked all the time sooooo many questions about wedding planning, so I thought I would put together a list of the top 8 questions we get asked. - How much does a wedding cost? Every wedding is different! We advise clients to come up with an amount...read more
Year after year; trends come and go...colors, places, traditions, decor, flowers, less-is-more...we have seen lots and lots! Since 2018 is half way over, we have put together a list of our top 5 wedding design predictions for 2019. These are based on the recent upward...read more
There is nothing better then seeing a bride and groom add a unique piece of flair to their wedding day attire...here are out top 5 favorites! Funky groom & groomsmen socks with classic shoes...no black rental shoes here! Bridal hair with the veil underneath...read more
The Wedding Website is gaining popularity more and more...and why shouldn't it?!?!? Its super helpful at keeping guests up to date with planning and arrangements and important info they will need as your wedding approaches...and honestly your Aunt Kim isn't the most...read more
We recently had the pleasure of working with the Aurora Galley and I have to say I went nuts when I saw this venue! The exposed brick, high ceilings and artwork is why they are such a hidden gem! From the outside it is very unassuming, but enter and its awesome!!!...read more
Who doesn't love brunch? But mix brunch and a wedding and you have a great day. Firstly, its a great way to host a lower cost wedding reception; its during the day and usually held on a Sunday...watch those dollars saved add up. Second its an early enough end so you...read more