OK ladies … I love my job…I truely do! But at times honeslty isn’t always the best policy; the behind the scenes crisises we handle (that you cause), the family drama (that you cause), the vendor irratability (that you cause) we fix it all…this is what I wish I could tell you but I know you just “can’t handle the truth!” Here goes…
- If you’ve been engaged for a week… And your organizer is thicker than mine I automatically tell you that I’m booked on your date. There is no way in hell I can handle the tornado that about to ensue.
- Your parents are paying? I hope you understand you may not get what you want!
- I wish you responded to my emails as quickly as you expect me to reply to yours…or text messages for that matter!
- Reuse flowers… From ceremony to reception if at all possible. If you’re planning to do this, tell your florist, otherwise your flowers may arrive one-dimensional, and won’t look as nice in an open space. Flowers are a huge expense and if we can repurpose them lets do it.
- I still cry at weddings. Being part of the family for that short amount of time is truly a gift and blessing. Even when I see my couples have their first baby makes me teary, I was a part of making that family happen